Welcome to my passion!

My passion is food. I have always enjoyed cooking and trying out different types of cuisine from every place around the world. Being a Malaysian one may agree that food is the first thing that comes on their mind. I think if I had the chance to do anything I would travel all over the world and taste all the wonderful delicacies that can be found. So here is my blog where I will be exploring a variety of recipes and testing out different ingredients, restaurants I have visited and worth reviewing and also my very own home cooked dishes.

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Trifle Heaven

I have been having a sweet tooth for the past two days and felt like making some dessert so tonight I made a very quick and simple strawberry trifle. It is good when you have little time as it does not involve any baking or cooking.

This is strawberry flavoured jelly with canned strawberry fruit pieces. I used strawberry jelly cubes which you just add 100ml of boiling water to in a jug and microwave it for 1min. Then fill the jug up with cold water until the 1litre mark and keep stirring until the consistency is even. Pour the jelly mixture into a glass bowl with the strawberry pieces. You can use canned or fresh fruit and a mixture of different fruits according to preference. 



For the sponge part I used sponge fingers and soaked them in grape juice to give them a fruity flavour. Alternatively you can soak them in port or sweet sherry which is the traditional trifle recipe. I layered the sponge on top of the jelly and then topped it with custard.





For the cream layer I whipped double cream for about 2 minutes with an electric whisk until nice and thick. To make patterns you can put the cream in a piping bag and pipe it around the dish. I decorated the top of the trifle with a few mini marshmallows and edible confetti. You can top it up with fresh fruits of your choice. And there you have it, a very nice and easy trifle and also very heavenly!



No comments:

Post a Comment