Welcome to my passion!

My passion is food. I have always enjoyed cooking and trying out different types of cuisine from every place around the world. Being a Malaysian one may agree that food is the first thing that comes on their mind. I think if I had the chance to do anything I would travel all over the world and taste all the wonderful delicacies that can be found. So here is my blog where I will be exploring a variety of recipes and testing out different ingredients, restaurants I have visited and worth reviewing and also my very own home cooked dishes.

Sunday 25 March 2012

Dim Sum at Home

Yesterday I went over to a friend's house for some home cooked Chinese breakfast. We had dimsum which means 'touch the heart'  when translated into English. Typically in chinese restaurants dimsum would be small bite-sized portions of food served on little plates. In chinese we call it 'yum cha' which means to drink tea, and chinese tea is usually drank together with the meal. Usually chinese families go on a weekly basis to yum cha and this is the time to gather the whole family together and catch up on everyone's lifes. 

Table nicely layed out with Chinese bowls and plates. Chinese tea served in beautiful teacups.
Deep fried spring rolls with meat and vegetables










Steamed Chicken Claws with Black Bean Sauce (豉汁蒸鳳爪)



Glutinous Rice wrapped in Lotus Leaves (鮑汁糯米雞)

 Glutinous rice with pork, dried scallops, mushroom, chicken, egg yolk and water chestnut
Congee with preserved egg and thin pork slices









Shaomai (燒賣 siu maai): Small steamed dumplings with either pork, prawns or both inside a thin wheat flour wrapper. Char Siu Bau (叉燒包, cha siu baau): Steamed barbeque pork buns

A selection of sweet buns and egg tart














No comments:

Post a Comment