Welcome to my passion!

My passion is food. I have always enjoyed cooking and trying out different types of cuisine from every place around the world. Being a Malaysian one may agree that food is the first thing that comes on their mind. I think if I had the chance to do anything I would travel all over the world and taste all the wonderful delicacies that can be found. So here is my blog where I will be exploring a variety of recipes and testing out different ingredients, restaurants I have visited and worth reviewing and also my very own home cooked dishes.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Tiramisu with Baileys

Nigella's tiramisu

I was inspired by Nigella Lawson's tiramisu recipe and thought I should give it a go. I have made tiramisu in the past before but I didn't know which was the best recipe to follow. Some of them include double cream and eggs but others don't so here I am going to find out how Nigella's version tastes. 

Ingredients
  • 350ml espresso coffee, made with 350ml water and 9 teaspoons instant espresso powder, cooled
  • 250ml Baileys cream liqueur
  • 2 x 200g packets sponge finger biscuits
  • 2 eggs
  • 75g caster sugar
  • 500g mascarpone
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder

Method
  1. Mix the coffee with 175ml of the Baileys in a shallow bowl. Dip the sponge into this liquid; let them soak on each side enough to become damp but not soggy. Line the bottom of a 22cm square glass dish with a layer of biscuits.
  2. Separate the eggs, but keep only one of the whites. Whisk the two yolks and the sugar together until thick and a paler yellow, then fold in the remaining 75ml of Baileys, and the mascarpone to make a moussy mixture.
  3. Whisk the single egg white until thick and frothy; you can do this by hand with such a little amount. Fold the egg white into the yolky mascarpone, and then spread half of this mixture on top of the layer of biscuits.
  4. Repeat with another layer of soaked sponge fingers, and then top with the remaining mascarpone mixture.
  5. Cover the dish with clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight. When you are ready to serve, push the cocoa powder through a small tea strainer to dust the top of the tiramisu.

My lovely tiramisu :)


So delicious I can eat it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment