Welcome to my passion!

My passion is food. I have always enjoyed cooking and trying out different types of cuisine from every place around the world. Being a Malaysian one may agree that food is the first thing that comes on their mind. I think if I had the chance to do anything I would travel all over the world and taste all the wonderful delicacies that can be found. So here is my blog where I will be exploring a variety of recipes and testing out different ingredients, restaurants I have visited and worth reviewing and also my very own home cooked dishes.

Monday 19 March 2012

Delicious Home Made Scones

YUMmmmm.....

After having such a yummy afternoon tea with my boyfriend yesterday I decided to make some home made scones today. I used to make them a long time ago and I don't know why I don't make them more often because they are just so good. 


Ingredients:
  • 440g plain flour
  • 50g baking powder
  • 80g butter
  • 150g double cream
  • 150g milk
  • 80g sugar
  • 1 egg


Method:
1. Rub butter into flour to create crumbs.
2. Add baking powder and sugar
3.Mix double cream and milk together and add into the flour mixture.
4. Bind all together by hand, add sultanas if prefered, until a dough is formed.
5. Roll flat to about 2cm in height and cut into round shapes using a circle cutter.
6. Glaze the top of each one with beaten egg. 
7. Cook at 180°c for about 15mins until golden brown.










Spread some strawberry jam and a dollop of clotted cream and it is just heavenly!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment