Welcome to my passion!

My passion is food. I have always enjoyed cooking and trying out different types of cuisine from every place around the world. Being a Malaysian one may agree that food is the first thing that comes on their mind. I think if I had the chance to do anything I would travel all over the world and taste all the wonderful delicacies that can be found. So here is my blog where I will be exploring a variety of recipes and testing out different ingredients, restaurants I have visited and worth reviewing and also my very own home cooked dishes.

Sunday 18 March 2012

A Lovely Afternoon Tea


I went for a lovely afternoon tea with my boyfriend at The Leonard Hotel near Oxford Street. It is a small beautiful hotel with pretty boutique decorations and many art paintings on the walls. After a long walk along the busy and crowded Oxford Street, it was so nice to sit down and relax in this peaceful and tranquil hotel.




The dining room is quite small but very elegant and the soft music added its the peacefulness. The tables are wonderfully dressed with beautiful English crockery. The service is also top class and nothing bad can be said about this place. The whole experience was just delightful.


The Afternoon Tea consisted of:
  • YOUR CHOICE OF TEAS, EARL GREY, PURE GREEN TEA, PEPPERMINT, DARJEELING, MINTY GREEN TEA, WHITE JASMINE, WILD BERRY, CAMOMILE TEA 
  • SELECTION OF FRESH HOME MADE SANDWICHES, 
  • TRADITIONAL HOME MADE SCONES WITH FRESH CREAM AND PRESERVES, 
  • SELECTION OF FRESH PASTRIES
£16.50 PER PERSON


It was Sylvester's first time having afternoon tea and you can see that he was so eager to try it out. I think he definately enjoyed it especially the scones with clotted cream.



The scones were delicious! They were made fresh and served hot so that they will just melt in your mouth. It was perfect together with jam and clotted cream. I think I couldn't have asked for more. It was a perfect end to a long day of walking. 




The middle plate consisted of vanilla cheesecake and two chocolate muffins with chocolate cream and vanilla buttercream. The lower plate was a selection of sandwiches which were ham and mustard, smoked salmon and cream cheese, cucumber and egg mayonnaise.
 

Overall I would say this place is definately one of my top choices for high tea. It was so delicious and such a relaxing atmosphere and I highly enjoyed myself. It is also value for money compared to The Ritz which is so overpriced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment